Wednesday, June 13, 2007

befriender's club activities& laugh therapy

Today, we went to the moral neighbourhood link in the afternoon. We arrived there at about 2 o'clock. Then we began the session of laugh therapy. The laugh therapy is really fun. Laugh can be heard thorought the session. The elderly like it very much as they are very activie while doing the exercise. After this, we started to teach Chinese Knot Making. This time the knot is rather difficult. However, we were very happy to see that some of the elderly did not want to give up and about half of us finally made it. When we were making the chinese knot, I had a chit-chat with one of the elderly. She once worked for building construction. It was all about labouring job without machine and she started to work at the age of 15. She described that it was very exhausting and she needed to work for ten hours a day. As a result, she retired before the retiring age. Then she asked me about my parents' jobs. I said they are engineers and work in the office, however, the job is not very easy, either. She agreed greatly with me and said to me seriously in an educating tone that no job is easy and one can only achieve success under pressure. Thereafter, we started to do some recreational activities. This time I played majhong with my friends with the help of the elderly. The elderly taught me some techinques about this interesting game. And I found it was not that easy as I thought. I quite agreed with her opinion that majhong is very easy to learn, but very difficult to be good at it. This time I won a lot with the help of the auntie. She also seemed to be very happy. At around 5 o'clock, we went back. The elderly said thanks to us and I could sense that they were very willing to play with the young.

Wang Yuhan
12/6/07

No comments: